Tuesday 8 July 2014

Up

Hello there. So what is Up about? Just an old guy and a house covered in balloons. Just that? Wrong. I’m not sure there are many ‘kids’ movies that are about so much.
Its about lose, friendship, the importance of home and family. It touches on the break up of a family and the start of a new one. How the elderly are important members of society.
But most importantly it’s about having a dream and following it.

It has been a while since I watched it last so I watched it again today. The way my mind works is I know I like a film and I can remember bits and pieces but the little things go for a walk out my mind after a while. I had forgotten about how touching the film is. Not just the famous opening. Which, yes, I was in floods for tears at, again. I don’t mind admitting I’m someone who cries more now than when they were a child.
I’m moved by things more now than ever. And I forgot how moving Up was.

The trouble might be that Up moves fast and it did take me a while to recover after the crying, so the next few parts I was awash with tears.
But it’s funny. Another thing I had forgotten. It might have something to do with the fact that the first time I watched it on my own and today I watched it with my family. With a mother like mine who can’t stay quiet when things go wrong “oh dear”.

The voice cast are top notch. What is a top notch? I’ll look that up after I’ve written this.
OK I checked, I could wait and I knew I would forget. Stupid online dictionaries, they tell you what it means not what it is and where it came from. Anyway enough waffle back to Up.
 The plot is strange, you think its going to stay as one thing the whole time and then it bends off to new places and is about something totally different. Still being funny and a right laugh the whole time. Cute dog and funny bird. Old grump and helpful kid. What’s not to love?
Side note why are Pixar’s (DVD extra) short films far better than most full films from other studios?

No comments:

Post a Comment